Study visa is issued to foreign students pursuing academic /non academic degree and research in Nepal. It is issued by the Department of Immigration upon the recommendation of line agency (Ministry of Education). It is also issued to teachers/professors involved in academic work (teaching) in Nepal upon recommendations from the concerned agencies of Nepal Government. It is issued for maximum of one year as per the recommendation or length of study.
- Recommendation letter from Ministry of Education.
- University /College Admission Receipt (original)
- Bank Statement (latest one week) with sufficient funds.
- Online Application form
- Copies of passport and latest Nepali Visa
- Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate ( for those applying their spouse and children as dependents)
- Progress report Card (for renewal of Student Visa)
For Researcher applying for student visa, following additional documents should also be produced;
- Offer/Appointment letter from Academic Institution of Nepal (eg -University)
- General Agreement between two Academic Institutions (of Nepal and abroad)
Study Visa Fee Structure
Single Re-entry facility : 20 USD extra in addition to monthly Visa Fee
Multiple Re-entry facility : 60 USD extra in addition to monthly Visa Fee
|S.No||Study Category /Nationality of Passport holder||Rate (USD)/per month|
|7||Pakistan and Srilanka||Gratis|